A. Bülent Özgüler To Speak in UNESCO/WFEO/IEA Consultation Webinar
A. Bülent Özgüler, Former Chair of MÜDEK MAK, will deliver a speech in the UNESCO/WFEO/IEA Consultation Webinar to be held on July 18, 2020 in order to make consultations with WFEO (World Federation of Engineering Organization) members and partners on the Updated Draft Review of IEA (International Engineering Alliance) Graduate Attribute and Professional Competency (GAPC) Framework prepared by the IEA-WFEO Joint Working Group chaired by him.
All documentation, webinar presentations, and information on the feedback comments sought about the Updated Draft of GAPC Framework by August 31, 2020 can be reached at the web page Consultation with WFEO Members and partners on Proposed Updated IEA Benchmark for Graduate Attributes and Professional Competencies.
Filiz B. Dilek to Attend 7th Bioengineering Summit
MÜDEK-MAK Chair Filiz B. Dilek will attend as MÜDEK representative the 7th Bioengineering Summit to be held online by İstanbul Bilgi University on July 23, 2020.
MÜDEK General Assembly
MÜDEK 2020 General Assembly will meet at MÜDEK Headquarters located at Esentepe Mahallesi Zincirlidere Cad. No. 86 Meriçoğlu Plaza D.4, İstanbul with the following agenda at 14:00 hours on August 21, 2020, Friday. If no quorum is reached, then it will meet with the same agenda at the same place on August 29, 2020, Saturday.
- Opening and moment of silence
- Election of Chairing Board
- Discussion and acceptance of the agenda and its amendments
- Presentation, discussion, and acceptance of Executive Board activity
report for the past term, financial balance and income-expense tables for
- Presentation, discussion, and acceptance of Auditing Board report
- Acquittal of Executive Board
- Discussion and acceptance of budget proposal for 2020
- Decision on membership fees for 2021
- Presentation of budget proposals for 2021 and 2022
- Discussion and acceptance of proposed amendments on the Operational Regulations
MAK Accreditation Decision Meeting
MAK meeting at which accreditation decisions for 2020 are made is held on 27.06.2020. In the meeting, out of 42 engineering programs evaluated in the 2019-2020 accreditation cycle, full term accreditation is granted to 5 programs, extended accreditation until next general review is granted to 15 programs, accreditation with interim review is granted to 22 programs.
For the updated list of accredited programs based on the decisions made in the meeting along with general decisions made at the meeting of the Executive Board on March 23, 2020, click here >>>>>
Serhan Başer Takes over MÜDEK
Secretary General Post from Yavuz Erçil
M. Yavuz Erçil who has been serving as the MÜDEK Secretary General since October 01, 2010 steps down from this post as of July 01, 2020 by his own decision and Z. Serhan Başer who has been currently serving as the MÜDEK Accreditation Manager takes over MÜDEK Secretary General post as of today.
We like to thank to M. Yavuz Erçil for his professional contributions during his 10-year tenure, a critical period in which MÜDEK operations grew in scale and intensify in terms of relationships with international umbrella organizations in accreditation. We also wish success to Z. Serhan Başer in his new position.
Job Reorganization in MÜDEK Office
The following job reorganization becomes effective in the MÜDEK Office as of July 01, 2020:
We wish success to
Şahika Tezcan and Buse Yılmaz in their new positions.
- Şahika Tezcan who has been currently serving as
Administrative and Financial Manager is appointed as Vice Secretary
- Buse Yılmaz who has been currently serving as Office Manager
is appointed as Administrative and Financial Manager.
Bülent Özgüler and Yavuz Erçil Attended IEA - Washington Accord Meeting
Bülent Özgüler, Former Chair of MÜDEK MAK and Yavuz Erçil, MÜDEK Secretary General attended as MÜDEK representatives to the Meeting of Washington Accord of the
IEA (International Engineering Alliance) on June 22, 2020, which was originally planned to take place in Cape Town, South Africa during June 21-26, 2020 but changed to an online meeting due to COVID-10 outbreak.
COVID-19 - MÜDEK Office Reopenss
MÜDEK Office, which has been closed for a while due to measures taken against the COVID-19 pandemic, will reopen with half capacity on June 08, 2020, Monday as a part of the normalization process.
Hoping that our stakeholders will accept any inconveniencies that might occur with understanding during this extraordinary era that we all have been living in.
Filiz Dilek Attended the Accreditation Institutions Information and Evaluation Video Conference Meeting
Filiz Dilek, MÜDEK-MAK Chair, representing MÜDEK, attended the Information and Evaluation video conference meeting organized by YÖKAK (Higher Education Quality Board) on April 9, 2020, with the participation of 15 accreditation organizations and YÖKAK members.
In the meeting,
- Strengths and aspects that are open to improvement that emerged within the scope of the monitoring processes of accreditation organizations were presented to the organizations,
- Information was given about the entry and updating of accredited program data via the Accreditation Institutions System (AKSİS) and
- Opinions and suggestions of the accreditation organizations within the scope of the following topics were taken:
- Accreditation activities during Covid-19 pandemic period
- Remote evaluation approaches
- Quality assurance practices in distance education
New Type Coronavirus - MÜDEK Decisions
In the meeting held on 25 March 2020, MÜDEK Board of Directors decided to take the following measures in line with the efforts initiated nationwide due to the new Corona virus Covid-19.
Decisions taken by the circular requesting the postponement of all association activities published by the Ministry of Interior and the statements of the Higher Education Council explaining that there will be distance learning without students in all higher education institutions until the end of the spring semester of 2019-2020 are listed below:
- 2019-2020 Evaluation Period Program:
- As of March 18, 2020, the evaluation visits that were to be made in March, April and May according to the previously determined schedule were postponed to be held in the 2020-2021 evaluation period and the relevant program accreditation decisions will be made in 2021.
- As of 18 March 2020, if institution approval is available, evaluations can be made remotely in a virtual environment or with a report.
- In this period, the accreditation of the programs whose accreditation evaluation could not be made and whose accreditations will end on September 30, 2020 will be extended for one year until September 30, 2021.
- The accreditation of the programs, which have made an evaluation application for the first time for which an accreditation evaluation cannot be made in this period, will be started in 2021 instead of 2020, provided that the program is accredited as a result of the evaluation.
- The process regarding the evaluations made prior to 18 March 2020 will continue as planned and published.
- 2020-2021 Evaluation Period Program:
- Self-Evaluation Reports and Interim Reports of the programs whose evaluation applications are accepted were decided to be received in July 2021 instead of July 2020, so the entire process regarding the evaluation of these programs was postponed to the period of 2021-2022.
- In this period, the accreditation period of the programs for which the accreditation evaluation could not be made and whose accreditation will end on September 30, 2021 will be extended for one year until September 30, 2022.
- Accreditation of the programs, which made an evaluation application for the first time, in which accreditation evaluation cannot be made in this period, can be started in 2022 instead of 2021, provided that accreditation is given after the evaluation.
- 2021-2022 Evaluation Period Program:
No first time evaluation applications will be taken in this period due to postponement of the accreditation evaluation of the programs that applied for reevaluation in the previous period.
Circular of the Ministry of Interior - MÜDEK Decisions
MÜDEK Board of Directors took the following decisions in its meeting held on 25 March 2020 upon the circular by the Ministry of Interior requesting that the activities of the associations to be postponed:
- The General Assembly of the Association, which was announced to be held in April, is postponed to be held at a later date.
- Training workshops planned to be held in May and June have been canceled.
COVID-19 - MÜDEK Office is
As part of the measures taken in our country against the COVID-19 pandemic, it is decided to keep the MÜDEK office closed until a second announcement.
In this context, we want to announce the followings.
- Those stakeholders of us desired to contact our office should make this contact via the e-mail addresses
http://www.mudek.org.tr/en/vs/ilet.shtm page instead of
- Since all mail and cargo sent to our office cannot be received within this period,
scanned and copied versions of signed document(s) can be sent electronically
provided that their originals will be sent later, and
- Non-urgent articles and documents can be forwarded to the office by fax.
We wish you healthy days, hoping that all our stakeholders will accept this
inconvenient situation with understanding.
MÜDEK Workshop for Student Evaluator Candidates
The MÜDEK workshop for training candidates of MÜDEK student program evaluator is held at MÜDEK Headquarters in İstanbul on February 08, 2020 (Saturday). Eight invited students are participated in the workshop as student program evaluator candidates in different engineering disciplines from various universities.
Click here for the workshop page in Turkish. >>>>>
MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria for BS Programs Updated
The document MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria for BS Programs to be used in the accreditation evaluation of undergraduate engineering programs are updated as Version 2.2 in the meeting of MÜDEK Executive Board held on January 25, 2020.
Click here to reach the updated document (in Turkish) >>>>>
The changes made in the updated version are limited to the clarification of some concepts and editorial improvements. Hence, the updated Version 2.2 will go in effect starting from the 2020-2021 Review Cycle and will be used in General Reviews regardless of whether they are initial or re-evaluation. In the Interim Reviews and Show Cause evaluations, the version used in their previous General Reviews will be used.
HEQC Vice Chair Sibel Aksu Yıldırım Visited MÜDEK
Vice Chair Sibel Aksu Yıldırım of HEQC (Higher Education Quality Council of Turkey) conducted a site visit to MÜDEK on Thursday, January 16, 2020, as the person in charge of the administration of overseeing process for MÜDEK in connection with the Overseeing External Evaluation and Accreditation Agencies of HEQC. During the visit, MÜDEK-MAK Vice Chair Şebnem Baydere delivered a presentation about MÜDEK activities. The visit lasted entire day with some mutual opinion exchanges between the visitor and MÜDEK team, which also included the Chair Timur Doğu, Vice Chair Müjgan Sağır and the member Engin Arıkan of MÜDEK Executive Board.
Application Regulations for 2020-2021 Accreditation Cycle Determined
For the application regulations to MÜDEK accreditation in the 2020-2021 accreditation cycle, click here >>>>>.
ATTENTION: Application deadline is January 31, 2020.
Application of "Show Cause" Decision Will Cease Gradually
The proclamation of Executive Board on the "Request for Opinion on the Rescission of Show Cause Decision in the MÜDEK Accreditation Process" was published in the MÜDEK website on 11.06.2018 and it was opened to stakeholder opinion through the General Secretariat of MDK.
Constituent views on this proclamation submitted to MÜDEK were examined by the Engineering Education Accreditation Board (MAK) and a propal is submitted to MÜDEK Executive Board. The MÜDEK Executive Board, with its decision dated 16.10.2018 and numbered 2018-09, concluded to gradually remove the "Show Cause" accreditation decisions and "Show Cause" evaluations made as a result of these decisions as explained below in accordance with the MAK proposal.
- "Show Cause" evaluation process will continue for those programs which applied for evaluation in the 2018-2019 cycle with a "Show Cause" decision.
"Show Cause" accreditation decisions can be made as a result of the evaluations
made in 2019 and 2020 for those programs which will be in the Interim Assessment process in 2018-2019
and 2019-2020 cycles. "Show Cause" evaluations of these programs will be made in 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
If a "Show Cause" situation occurs for a program which will undergo "General Review" process for the first time in 2018-2019 cycle
or in subsequent cycles, a "Not to Accredit" decision will be given for this
program. No "Show Cause" evaluations will be made anymore in the 2021-2022 cycle and in the following cycles. In such a case, the accreditation of an accredited program
will terminate at the end of its term. Programs whose accreditation are terminated will be able to apply again for the next
cycle for a "General Review".
Call for New Evaluator Candidates
MÜDEK is seeking for evaluator candidates both from academia and industry/business to conduct accreditation evaluation of engineering education programs according to MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria in order to play an important role in quality studies of institutions. Click here >>>>> for further details.
Invitation to Experienced Program Evaluators to Become a Member of MÜDEK Association
We are inviting those MÜDEK volunteers who has served at least twice on an evaluation team of MÜDEK or similar
national or international agency for the evaluation of engineering programs to become a member of our
association. For further information click here >>>>>.
July 23, 2020
© MÜDEK 2007-2020 - All rights reserved
Zincirlidere Caddesi No. 86, Mericoglu Plaza Kat:1 Daire:4, Esentepe, Sisli, 34394 Istanbul, Turkey, +90-212-211-0281, firstname.lastname@example.org