Circular of the Ministry of Interior- MÜDEK Office is Temporarily Closed
MÜDEK Office will be closed until May 17th, 2021 upon the Circular on Measures During Full Closure by the Ministry of Interior dated April 28th, 2021. In this context, we want to announce the followings.
- Those stakeholders of us desired to contact our office should make this contact via the e-mail addresses in the
http://www.mudek.org.tr/en/vs/ilet.shtm page instead of by phone,
- Since all mail and cargo sent to our office cannot be received within this period, scanned and copied versions of signed document(s) can be sent electronically provided that their originals will be sent later, and
- Non-urgent articles and documents can be forwarded to the office by fax.
We wish you healthy days, hoping that all our stakeholders will accept this inconvenient situation with understanding.
MÜDEK General Assembly Postponed
In accordance with Article 6 of the Ministry of Interior's circular on "Partial Closure" dated 14.04.2021, it was decided to postpone the MÜDEK General Assembly meeting, which was previously decided to be held on Wednesday, 21 April 2021, to a new date to be determined later.
A. Erbil Payzın Attending TMMOB Meeting
A. Erbil Payzın, member of MÜDEK Advisory Board, will attend the meeting of TMMOB Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning Remote Education and Accreditation Working Group to be held on 20.04.2021 and make a presentation on behalf of MÜDEK.
2021 MÜDEK Training for Institution Representatives
MÜDEK Training will be held in May 2021 for administrators and faculty members responsible for engineering undergraduate programs planning to apply for MÜDEK evaluation or to make improvements in their programs according to MÜDEK criteria.
The training will be carried out in two parts in a virtual environment. The first part will be held asynchronously on Google Classroom and will be available to participants as of May 1, 2021. The second part of the training will take place on Zoom on May 29, 2021, with a more limited number of participants.
Pre-registration for the first part of the training is required by Saturday, April 24, 2021 at the latest. Please note that participants of the training will be determined according to the order of pre-registration.
Click here to access (in Turkish) detailed information about pre-registration and 2021 MÜDEK Training for Institution Representatives.
MÜDEK Operational Regulations Updated
With the decision taken at the meeting of the MÜDEK General Assembly held on 26.03.2021, the document
has been updated and published.
Previously, only "Not Accredited" decisions could have been appealed. But with the updated regulation, appealing is made possible for all MÜDEK accreditation decisions.
MÜDEK General Assembly
MÜDEK General Assembly will meet at TED Tennis Fencing and Mountaineering Sports Club located at Tarabya Bayırı Caddesi No:68 34457 Tarabya-İstanbul with the following agenda at 11:00 hours on April 21, 2021, Wednesday. If no quorum is reached, then it will meet with the same agenda at the same place 7 days later on April 28, 2021, Wednesday.
- Opening and moment of silence
- Election of Chairing Board
- Discussion and acceptance of the agenda and its amendments
- Presentation, discussion, and acceptance of Executive Board activity
report for the past term, financial balance and income-expense tables for
- Presentation, discussion, and acceptance of Auditing Board report
- Acquittal of Executive Board
- Discussion and acceptance of budget proposal for 2021
- Decision on membership fees for 2022
- Presentation of budget proposals for 2022 and 2023
- Election of 5 principal and 5 substitute members of Executive Board
- Election of 3 principal and 3 substitute members of Auditing Board
- Discussion and acceptance of proposed amendments on the Operational Regulations
Two MÜDEK Documents Updated
At the meeting of MÜDEK Executive Board held on March 22, 2021, two MÜDEK documents
are updated and published.
Overseeing Visit by THEQC
MÜDEK's 2020 overseeing visit by THEQC (Turkish Higher Education Quality Council) in connection with the Overseeing External Evaluation and Accreditation Agencies was conducted in Zoom environment on February 17, 2021 Wednesday. The visiting team in charge of the administration of overseeing process for MÜDEK was composed by THEQC Vice Chair Sibel Aksu Yıldırım and THEQC Academic Advisor Yasin Tunç.
In the first session of the visit, attended by Chair Timur Doğu, Vice Chair Müjgan Sağır, and member Engin Arıkan of the MÜDEK Executive Board, MAK Chair Şebnem Baydere, Secretary General Z. Serhan Başer, and Vice Secretary General Şahika Tezcan, a presentation was delivered about MÜDEK's activities. To download the presentation (in Turkish), click here >>>>>
In the second session of the visit, a focus group study wass conducted with the participation of the Past Chair of MAK Filiz B. Dilek, experienced evaluators A. Erbil Payzın and İsmail Duranyıldız, and student evaluators Meltem Uzuner and Oğuz Şen and mutual opinions were exchanged between two teams.
MÜDEK Remote Workshop for Student Evaluator Candidates
The MÜDEK remote workshop for training candidates of MÜDEK student program evaluator is held in virtual environment on February 14, 2021 (Sunday). Twelve invited students are participated in the workshop as student program evaluator candidates in different engineering disciplines from various universities.
Click here for the workshop page in Turkish.
Celebrating World Engineering Day
March 4th is declared as the World Engineering Day by UNESCO to highlight the achievements of engineers and engineering in our modern world and improve public understanding of how engineering and technology is central to modern life and sustainable development.
II. UNESCO Engineering Report prepared by the contributions of several international institutions will be made public at that date.
The details of this activity can be obtained from the www.worldengineeringday.net web site and you may use the http://on.unesco.org/Eng04-03 web site to register in order to join these activities.
MÜDEK Directive on Publicity and Presentation Published
MÜDEK Directive on Publicity and Presentation is accepted and published as Version 1.0 (in Turkish) at the meeting of MÜDEK Executive Board held on January 26, 2021.
Click to reach the document (in Turkish) >>>>>
MAK Members for the 2021-2022 Term
Following members of MÜDEK MAK (Engineering Programs Accreditation Board) for 2021-2022 years started their terms of service as of 01.01.2021.
MAK services of A. Bülent Özgüler who served 4 terms as MAK member since 2013 and Şeyda Keskin who served as KalDer representative since 11.05.2019 in the last term ended as of December 31, 2020. Thanks go to them for their very precious services.
- Şebnem Baydere, (Chair), Prof. Dr., University Representative
- Fuat Tiniş, (Vice Chair), Industry Representative
- Filiz B. Dilek, (Past Chair), Prof. Dr., University Representative
- Müjgan Çulfaz, (Member), Prof. Dr., University Representative
- Mehmet Soğancı (Member), TMMOB Representative
- Tarık Reyhan, (Member), Industry Representative
- Berçin Gün (Member), KalDer Representative
- Cüneyt Güzeliş, (Member), Prof. Dr., University Representative
We welcome two new members, Berçin Gün as KalDer representative and Cüneyt Güzeliş as University representative, who joined MAK as of 01.01.2021. Wishing a productive and successful term to the new MAK team.
Application Regulations for 2021-2022 Accreditation Cycle Determined
For the application regulations to MÜDEK accreditation in the 2021-2022 accreditation cycle, click here >>>>>.
ATTENTION: Application deadline is January 29, 2021.
ATTENTION: No first time general review applications will be taken for the 2021-2022 accreditation cycle.
Accreditation Evaluation Fees and Payments for 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 Evaluation Cycles
The information on the 2020-2021 ve 2021-2022 accreditation evaluation fees and payments for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 evaluation cycles can be reached here >>>>>
New MÜDEK Document - Remote
Program Evaluation Manual
MÜDEK document Remote Program Evaluation Manual proposed by
MAK is accepted as Version 1.0 (in Turkish) at the meeting of MÜDEK
Executive Board held on August 24, 2020 and published.
Click to reach the document
New Type Coronavirus - MÜDEK Decisions
At the meeting held on March 25, 2020, the MÜDEK Executive Board decided to take the following measures in line with the efforts started across the country due to the new Corona virus Covid-19.
- All association activities being postponed and YÖK having allowed to switch to on-line education in universities due to the circular of the Ministry of Interior, dated March 16, 2020, MÜDEK assessments, including the visits not yet realized as of 18 March 2020 to be postponed to the 2020-2021 period.
- The process regarding the visits that took place before this date to be continued as planned, the accreditation decisions to be announced on 01.07.2020 after the MAK accreditation decision meeting to be held at the end of June 2020,
- In line with the decisions taken at the MAK meeting numbered 2020-2, the ongoing evaluations that have been transformed from the visit to the report or to the evaluation in virtual environment and the ongoing evaluations to be continued in accordance with the planned schedule,
- In this context, for the 2019-2020 accreditation period;
- The evaluations of the programs that have applied for evaluation for the first time to be made in the 2020-2021 period and their accreditation -in case the accreditation is given- to be started as of 01 May 2021,
- Prolonging the accreditation of the programs that have applied for re-evaluation, interim evaluation and show cause evaluation until 30 September 2021 and evaluating these programs in the 2020-2021 evaluation period,
- The evaluations of the programs that have applied for interim evaluation and show cause evaluation and other than the applications in articles 2 and 3 above, should be evaluated in the period of 2020-2021, and the decision of "Show Cause" to be given for the programs in which the weaknesses in the previous evaluation are found to continue,
- Continuation of the evaluation by report processes without interruption, if the team and the institution find it appropriate,
- The evaluation of the accreditation applications made in the 2020-2021 period to be be carried out in the 2021-2022 period,
- Submission of the Self-Assessment and Interim Reports, which should be taken from the programs in this period, in July 2021 instead of July 2020,
- The accreditation of programs whose accreditation will expire on 30 September 2021, to be extended until 30 September 2022,
- In the period of 2021-2022, no new applications to be received for the first time general
review, only re-evaluation and interim evaluation applications to be received.
MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria for BS Programs Updated
The document MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria for BS Programs to be used in the accreditation evaluation of undergraduate engineering programs are updated as Version 2.2 in the meeting of MÜDEK Executive Board held on January 25, 2020.
Click here to reach the updated document (in Turkish) >>>>>
The changes made in the updated version are limited to the clarification of some concepts and editorial improvements. Hence, the updated Version 2.2 will go in effect starting from the 2020-2021 Review Cycle and will be used in General Reviews regardless of whether they are initial or re-evaluation. In the Interim Reviews and Show Cause evaluations, the version used in their previous General Reviews will be used.
Application of "Show Cause" Decision Will Cease Gradually
The proclamation of Executive Board on the "Request for Opinion on the Rescission of Show Cause Decision in the MÜDEK Accreditation Process" was published in the MÜDEK website on 11.06.2018 and it was opened to stakeholder opinion through the General Secretariat of MDK.
Constituent views on this proclamation submitted to MÜDEK were examined by the Engineering Education Accreditation Board (MAK) and a propal is submitted to MÜDEK Executive Board. The MÜDEK Executive Board, with its decision dated 16.10.2018 and numbered 2018-09, concluded to gradually remove the "Show Cause" accreditation decisions and "Show Cause" evaluations made as a result of these decisions as explained below in accordance with the MAK proposal.
- "Show Cause" evaluation process will continue for those programs which applied for evaluation in the 2018-2019 cycle with a "Show Cause" decision.
"Show Cause" accreditation decisions can be made as a result of the evaluations
made in 2019 and 2020 for those programs which will be in the Interim Assessment process in 2018-2019
and 2019-2020 cycles. "Show Cause" evaluations of these programs will be made in 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
If a "Show Cause" situation occurs for a program which will undergo "General Review" process for the first time in 2018-2019 cycle
or in subsequent cycles, a "Not to Accredit" decision will be given for this
program. No "Show Cause" evaluations will be made anymore in the 2021-2022 cycle and in the following cycles. In such a case, the accreditation of an accredited program
will terminate at the end of its term. Programs whose accreditation are terminated will be able to apply again for the next
cycle for a "General Review".
Call for New Evaluator Candidates
MÜDEK is seeking for evaluator candidates both from academia and industry/business to conduct accreditation evaluation of engineering education programs according to MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria in order to play an important role in quality studies of institutions. Click here >>>>> for further details.
Invitation to Experienced Program Evaluators to Become a Member of MÜDEK Association
We are inviting those MÜDEK volunteers who has served at least twice on an evaluation team of MÜDEK or similar
national or international agency for the evaluation of engineering programs to become a member of our
association. For further information click here >>>>>.
April 29, 2021
© MÜDEK 2007-2021 - All rights reserved
Zincirlidere Caddesi No. 86, Mericoglu Plaza Kat:1 Daire:4, Esentepe, Sisli, 34394 Istanbul, Turkey, +90-212-211-0281, email@example.com