Filiz Dilek Attended the Accreditation Institutions Information and Evaluation Video Conference Meeting
Filiz Dilek, MÜDEK-MAK Chair, representing MÜDEK, attended the Information and Evaluation video conference meeting organized by YÖKAK (Higher Education Quality Board) on April 9, 2020, with the participation of 15 accreditation organizations and YÖKAK members.
In the meeting,
- Strengths and aspects that are open to improvement that emerged within the scope of the monitoring processes of accreditation organizations were presented to the organizations,
- Information was given about the entry and updating of accredited program data via the Accreditation Institutions System (AKSİS) and
- Opinions and suggestions of the accreditation organizations within the scope of the following topics were taken:
- Accreditation activities during Covid-19 pandemic period
- Remote evaluation approaches
- Quality assurance practices in distance education
New Type Coronavirus - MÜDEK Decisions
In the meeting held on 25 March 2020, MÜDEK Board of Directors decided to take the following measures in line with the efforts initiated nationwide due to the new Corona virus Covid-19.
Decisions taken by the circular requesting the postponement of all association activities published by the Ministry of Interior and the statements of the Higher Education Council explaining that there will be distance learning without students in all higher education institutions until the end of the spring semester of 2019-2020 are listed below:
- 2019-2020 Evaluation Period Program:
- As of March 18, 2020, the evaluation visits that were to be made in March, April and May according to the previously determined schedule were postponed to be held in the 2020-2021 evaluation period and the relevant program accreditation decisions will be made in 2021.
- As of 18 March 2020, if institution approval is available, evaluations can be made remotely in a virtual environment or with a report.
- In this period, the accreditation of the programs whose accreditation evaluation could not be made and whose accreditations will end on September 30, 2020 will be extended for one year until September 30, 2021.
- The accreditation of the programs, which have made an evaluation application for the first time for which an accreditation evaluation cannot be made in this period, will be started in 2021 instead of 2020, provided that the program is accredited as a result of the evaluation.
- The process regarding the evaluations made prior to 18 March 2020 will continue as planned and published.
- 2020-2021 Evaluation Period Program:
- Self-Evaluation Reports and Interim Reports of the programs whose evaluation applications are accepted were decided to be received in July 2021 instead of July 2020, so the entire process regarding the evaluation of these programs was postponed to the period of 2021-2022.
- In this period, the accreditation period of the programs for which the accreditation evaluation could not be made and whose accreditation will end on September 30, 2021 will be extended for one year until September 30, 2022.
- Accreditation of the programs, which made an evaluation application for the first time, in which accreditation evaluation cannot be made in this period, can be started in 2022 instead of 2021, provided that accreditation is given after the evaluation.
- 2021-2022 Evaluation Period Program:
No first time evaluation applications will be taken in this period due to postponement of the accreditation evaluation of the programs that applied for reevaluation in the previous period.
Circular of the Ministry of Interior - MÜDEK Decisions
MÜDEK Board of Directors took the following decisions in its meeting held on 25 March 2020 upon the circular by the Ministry of Interior requesting that the activities of the associations to be postponed:
- The General Assembly of the Association, which was announced to be held in April, is postponed to be held at a later date.
- Training workshops planned to be held in May and June have been canceled.
COVID-19 - MÜDEK Office is
As part of the measures taken in our country against the COVID-19 pandemic, it is decided to keep the MÜDEK office closed until a second announcement.
In this context, we want to announce the followings.
- Those stakeholders of us desired to contact our office should make this contact via the e-mail addresses
http://www.mudek.org.tr/en/vs/ilet.shtm page instead of
- Since all mail and cargo sent to our office cannot be received within this period,
scanned and copied versions of signed document(s) can be sent electronically
provided that their originals will be sent later, and
- Non-urgent articles and documents can be forwarded to the office by fax.
We wish you healthy days, hoping that all our stakeholders will accept this
inconvenient situation with understanding.
MÜDEK Workshop for Student Evaluator Candidates
The MÜDEK workshop for training candidates of MÜDEK student program evaluator is held at MÜDEK Headquarters in İstanbul on February 08, 2020 (Saturday). Eight invited students are participated in the workshop as student program evaluator candidates in different engineering disciplines from various universities.
Click here for the workshop page in Turkish. >>>>>
MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria for BS Programs Updated
The document MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria for BS Programs to be used in the accreditation evaluation of undergraduate engineering programs are updated as Version 2.2 in the meeting of MÜDEK Executive Board held on January 25, 2020.
Click here to reach the updated document (in Turkish) >>>>>
The changes made in the updated version are limited to the clarification of some concepts and editorial improvements. Hence, the updated Version 2.2 will go in effect starting from the 2020-2021 Review Cycle and will be used in General Reviews regardless of whether they are initial or re-evaluation. In the Interim Reviews and Show Cause evaluations, the version used in their previous General Reviews will be used.
MÜDEK General Assembly
MÜDEK 2020 General Assembly will meet at MÜDEK Headquarters located at Esentepe Mahallesi Zincirlidere Cad. No. 86 Meriçoğlu Plaza D.4, İstanbul with the following agenda at 14:00 hours on April 10, 2020, Friday. If no quorum is reached, then it will meet with the same agenda at the Seminar Hall of TTGV İstanbul Representetive, ARI Teknokent, ARI 2 Binası A Blok Floor 7, İTÜ Ayazağa Campus at 14:00 hours on April
18, 2020, Saturday.
- Opening and moment of silence
- Election of Chairing Board
- Discussion and acceptance of the agenda and its amendments
- Presentation, discussion, and acceptance of Executive Board activity
report for the past term, financial balance and income-expense tables for
- Presentation, discussion, and acceptance of Auditing Board report
- Acquittal of Executive Board
- Discussion and acceptance of budget proposal for 2020
- Decision on membership fees for 2021
- Presentation of budget proposals for 2021 and 2022
- Discussion and acceptance of proposed amendments on the Operational Regulations
HEQC Vice Chair Sibel Aksu Yıldırım Visited MÜDEK
Vice Chair Sibel Aksu Yıldırım of HEQC (Higher Education Quality Council of Turkey) conducted a site visit to MÜDEK on Thursday, January 16, 2020, as the person in charge of the administration of overseeing process for MÜDEK in connection with the Overseeing External Evaluation and Accreditation Agencies of HEQC. During the visit, MÜDEK-MAK Vice Chair Şebnem Baydere delivered a presentation about MÜDEK activities. The visit lasted entire day with some mutual opinion exchanges between the visitor and MÜDEK team, which also included the Chair Timur Doğu, Vice Chair Müjgan Sağır and the member Engin Arıkan of MÜDEK Executive Board.
Application Regulations for 2020-2021 Accreditation Cycle Determined
For the application regulations to MÜDEK accreditation in the 2020-2021 accreditation cycle, click here >>>>>.
ATTENTION: Application deadline is January 31, 2020.
Z. Serhan Başer Attended PEMDER Accreditation Workshop
MÜDEK Akreditasyon Manager Z. Serhan Başer attended as MÜDEK representative Landscape Architecture Accreditation Workshop hels at Bartın University on December 05-07, 2019 and delivered a presentations titled MÜDEK Experience on the Accreditation Educational Programs on December 06, 2019.
To download the presentation (in Turkish), click here >>>>>
Timur Doğu Attending 38th Engineering Deans Council Meeting
Timur Doğu, Chair of MÜDEK Executive Board will be attending as MÜDEK representative to the 38th MDK (Engineering Deans Council) meeting to be held at YÖK (Higher Education Council) in Ankara on December 05, 2019.
A. Bülent Özgüler Attended ITEAC 2019 Meeting
Past Chair of MÜDEK-MAK A. Bülent Özgüler attended as MÜDEK representative ITEAC 2019 - 3rd International Teacher Education and Accreditation Congress held in Ankara on November 30 - December 01, 2019 and delivered a presentation titled MÜDEK and Accreditation on November 30, 2019.
To download the presentation (in Turkish), click here >>>>>
Team Chairs Experience Sharing Meeting
MÜDEK Team Chairs Experince Sharing Meeting of 2019 is held by the participation of 28 team chairs / co-chairs at İstanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport Hotel between 10:00-16:00 hours on November 16, 2019.
At the meeting, the following presentation are made and attendees share their experiences and suggestions.
- Application Updates in the Evaluation of Engineering Undergraduate Programs
- Evaluation Process, Team Administration, and Difficulties Encountered
- Consistency Checks and Report Writing: Difficulties Encountered
Announcement on Accreditations
Obtained From Accreditation Agencies Having Mutual Recognition Agreements With
An announcement is issued addressing the administrators of engineering faculties and departments in Turkey and TRNC
holding accreditations or considering to get accreditations
from those accreditation agencies having mutual recognition
In order to reach the announcement (in Turkish) click here >>>>>
Application of "Show Cause" Decision Will Cease Gradually
The proclamation of Executive Board on the "Request for Opinion on the Rescission of Show Cause Decision in the MÜDEK Accreditation Process" was published in the MÜDEK website on 11.06.2018 and it was opened to stakeholder opinion through the General Secretariat of MDK.
Constituent views on this proclamation submitted to MÜDEK were examined by the Engineering Education Accreditation Board (MAK) and a propal is submitted to MÜDEK Executive Board. The MÜDEK Executive Board, with its decision dated 16.10.2018 and numbered 2018-09, concluded to gradually remove the "Show Cause" accreditation decisions and "Show Cause" evaluations made as a result of these decisions as explained below in accordance with the MAK proposal.
- "Show Cause" evaluation process will continue for those programs which applied for evaluation in the 2018-2019 cycle with a "Show Cause" decision.
"Show Cause" accreditation decisions can be made as a result of the evaluations
made in 2019 and 2020 for those programs which will be in the Interim Assessment process in 2018-2019
and 2019-2020 cycles. "Show Cause" evaluations of these programs will be made in 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
If a "Show Cause" situation occurs for a program which will undergo "General Review" process for the first time in 2018-2019 cycle
or in subsequent cycles, a "Not to Accredit" decision will be given for this
program. No "Show Cause" evaluations will be made anymore in the 2021-2022 cycle and in the following cycles. In such a case, the accreditation of an accredited program
will terminate at the end of its term. Programs whose accreditation are terminated will be able to apply again for the next
cycle for a "General Review".
Call for New Evaluator Candidates
MÜDEK is seeking for evaluator candidates both from academia and industry/business to conduct accreditation evaluation of engineering education programs according to MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria in order to play an important role in quality studies of institutions. Click here >>>>> for further details.
Invitation to Experienced Program Evaluators to Become a Member of MÜDEK Association
We are inviting those MÜDEK volunteers who has served at least twice on an evaluation team of MÜDEK or similar
national or international agency for the evaluation of engineering programs to become a member of our
association. For further information click here >>>>>.
April 24, 2020
© MÜDEK 2007-2020 - All rights reserved
Zincirlidere Caddesi No. 86, Mericoglu Plaza Kat:1 Daire:4, Esentepe, Sisli, 34394 Istanbul, Turkey, +90-212-211-0281, email@example.com