ACCREDITATION APPLICATIONS FOR 2022-2023 CYCLE
Programs Required for Accreditation
Programs listed below are required to apply to MÜDEK by January 28, 2022, if they want to be evaluated by MÜDEK for accreditation in the 2022-2023 accreditation cycle.
Programs without any application until January 28, 2022 will not be evaluated in the 2022-2023 accreditation cycle and accreditations of those programs whose accreditations will expire on September 30, 2023, will be terminated as of that date.
- Programs previously evaluated by MÜDEK with accreditation terms expiring on September 30, 2023. Programs evaluated by MÜDEK in
the 2020-2021 cycle requiring an "interim review" in
the 2022-2023 accreditation cycle are included in this category.
Programs Eligible for Application for Accreditation and their Relevant Institutions
An evaluation application for the purpose of accreditation can be filed for bachelor's degree engineering education programs of the higher educational institutions recognized by the Council of Higher Education of Turkey.
A program applying for accreditation should include the word "engineering" in its title.
A program applying for the first time should have graduates before the date of application.
If a program applying for accreditation provides options to the students to complete the program, then each such option should meet all the evaluation criteria.
In an institution which is making an accreditation application for one its programs,
then these programs shall be evaluated according to the following principles:
- if there is a second education program with graduates and/or
- if there are similar education programs* which issue diplomas not different
than that is of the program for which accreditation application is being made,
* Similar Education Programs: Programs which are in the same discipline as the engineering program being applied, using a similar curriculum, and issuing the same diploma (Examples: Engineering programs in the same discipline but instructed in another language, joint engineering programs in the same discipline but administered jointly with another institution). Fees for these programs will be the same as those for Second Education programs.
- The applications should be made for normal, second, and similar education programs
- The institutions should prove that each of such normal, second, and
similar education programs meets the MÜDEK criteria, separately.
- Second or similar education programs, which did not undergo evaluation since they had no graduates at the time
of the evaluation of the corresponding normal education programs was taking place, should apply with the next evaluation of their normal education programs, concurrently.
Important Dates in the Accreditation Application Process
- January 28, 2022: The deadline for the higher education institutions to submit to MÜDEK a list of programs for which they intend to apply for accreditation in 2022. Attention: Submissions should be made to MÜDEK Office by filling the
(in Turkish) for undergraduate programs. It is recommended to send also an electronic copy of applications to email@example.com and
firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline in case of possible delays in the regular postal service.
- February 07, 2022: The deadline for MÜDEK to inform those programs applying first time that some additional information and documentation are needed for their initial application.
- March 07, 2022: The deadline for MÜDEK to inform institutions about the their programs that can be evaluated in 2022 and to send related contract tenders.
- March 31, 2022: The deadline for institutions to submit their official confirmation letters for their contract tenders approved by their boards.
- July 08, 2022: The deadline for institutions to submit self assessment reports or interim reports to MÜDEK in electronic format for the programs for which they applied for accreditation in 2022.
- September 30, 2022: The deadline for MÜDEK to inform institutions about the unconformities of submitted self assessment reports in terms of their format and/or criteria shortcomings determined during their initial screening.
- October 15, 2022: The deadline for institutions to submit to MÜDEK required number of copies of reports without any shortcomings or with format and/or reporting improvements.
Accreditation Fees and Payment Schedule
Click to reach Accreditation Fees and Payment Schedule for
2022-2023 review cycle >>>>>
MÜDEK Criteria to be Used in Accreditation Evaluations
Self Assessment Report to be Used in Accreditation Evaluations
December 07, 2021
@ MÜDEK 2007-2022 - All rights reserved
Zincirlidere Caddesi No. 86, Mericoglu Plaza Kat:1 Daire:4, Esentepe, Sisli, 34394 Istanbul, Turkey, 212-211-0281, email@example.com