ACCREDITATION APPLICATIONS FOR 2012-2013 CYCLE
Programs Required for Accreditation Application
Programs listed below are required to apply to MÜDEK by January 31, 2012, if they want to be evaluated
by MÜDEK for accreditation in 2012-2013 accreditation cycle.
Programs without any application until the deadline given above will not be evaluated in the 2012-2013
accreditation cycle and accreditations of those programs whose accreditations will expire on September
30, 2013, will be terminated at that date.
- Programs seeking for MÜDEK accreditation for the first time.
- Programs previously evaluated by MÜDEK with accreditation terms expiring on September 30,
2013. Programs evaluated by MÜDEK in 2010-2011 cycle requiring an interim evaluation in 2012-2013
accreditation cycle are included in this category.
A different application schedule will be used for those programs that are in the process of being evaluated
in the 2011-2012 accreditation cycle and will end with a "Show Cause" decision.
Programs Eligible for Application for Accreditation and their
An evaluation application can be filed for bachelor's degree engineering education programs of the higher
educational institutions in Turkey and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, as recognized by the
Council of Higher Education of Turkey.
Programs applying for accreditation should include the word "engineering" in their title.
Any program applying for the first time should have graduates before the date of application.
If a program applying for accreditation provides options to the students to complete the program,
then each such option should meet all the evaluation criteria.
If there is a second education (program) implemented by the institution for a normal program applying
for accreditation and if this second education program has graduates, then these programs shall be
evaluated according to the following principles:
If an institution that seeks MÜDEK accreditation for its programs has multiple campuses, each campus with
significantly different physical and administrative characteristics shall be considered as a different
institution during the evaluation process.
- The application should be made for both normal and second education programs.
- The institutions should prove that each of such normal and second education programs meets
the MÜDEK criteria, separately.
- Second education programs, which did not undergo evaluation since they were not offered or
had no graduates at the time when the evaluation of the corresponding normal education programs
was taking place, should apply concurrently with the next evaluation of their normal education
Important Dates in the Accreditation Application Process
- January 31, 2012: The deadline for higher education institutions to submit to MÜDEK a
list of programs for which they intend to apply for accreditation in 2012. Attention:
Submissions should be made to MÜDEK Secretary General by filling the
new application form (in Turkish). It is recommended to send also an electronic copy of
applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline in case
of possible delays in the regular postal service.
- February 29, 2012: The deadline for MÜDEK to inform institutions about the their programs
that can be evaluated in 2012 as well as their accreditation fees and payment schedules.
- March 31, 2012: The deadline for institutions to submit their official confirmation
letters for their accreditation applications.
- July 31, 2012: The deadline for institutions to submit self assessment reports or interim
reports of the programs that they applied for accreditation in 2012.
- August 31, 2012: The deadline for MÜDEK to inform institutions about the unconformities
of submitted self assessment reports in terms of their format and/or criteria shortcomings determined
during their initial screening.
- September 15, 2012: The deadline for institutions to submit to MÜDEK required number of
copies of reports without any shortcomings or with format improvements.
The same fees will be used in 2012-2013 accreditation cycle as in previous cycle. Accreditation fees are as
In 2012-2013 cycle, 25% of the accreditation fee to be paid by the institutions will be collected
within April 2012 and the rest (75%) within October 2012.
- For each institution 5.250TL + VAT
- For each program (separately for normal and second education programs)
- For general evaluations and interim evaluations with visits 5.250TL + VAT
- For interim evaluations with reports 2.100TL + VAT
The same accreditation fees for interim evaluations will
be applied to Show Cause evaluations starting 2012-2013
A different fee collection schedule will be used for these
MÜDEK Criteria to be Used in Accreditation Evaluations
All programs with initial or next General Reviews and programs with Interim Evaluations will be evaluated
using Version 2.0.1:
Evaluation Criteria (Version 2.0.1 - 06.10.2009 / Original Turkish Version 2.0 - 26.12.2008)
Self Assessment Report to be Used in Accreditation Evaluations
March 10, 2012
@ MÜDEK 2007-2023 - All rights reserved
Cevizli Mah. Tugay Yolu Cad. Ofisim Istanbul A Blok No:20 Kat:9, Maltepe, 34846 Istanbul, Turkey, +90-216-606-0592, email@example.com