Internet and E-mail Service Interruption (Posted on 02.07.2020)
Due to a planned maintenance work at our internet and e-mail servers, there might be some short interruptions in reaching to MÜDEK website and mudek.org.tr e-mails for a 3-hour time frame between 03:00 and 06:00 hours on July 05, 2020, Sunday.
MAK Accreditation Decision Meeting (Posted on:
MAK meeting at which accreditation decisions for 2020 are made is held on 27.06.2020. In the meeting, out of 42 engineering programs evaluated in the 2019-2020 accreditation cycle, full term accreditation is granted to 5 programs, extended accreditation until next general review is granted to 15 programs, accreditation with interim review is granted to 22 programs.
For the updated list of accredited programs based on these decisions made in the meeting, click here >>>>>
Serhan Başer Takes over MÜDEK
Secretary General Post from Yavuz Erçil (Posted on: 01.07.2020)
M. Yavuz Erçil who has been serving as the MÜDEK Secretary General since October 01, 2010 steps down from this post as of July 01, 2020 by his own decision and Z. Serhan Başer who has been currently serving as the MÜDEK Accreditation Manager takes over MÜDEK Secretary General post as of today.
We like to thank to M. Yavuz Erçil for his professional contributions during his 10-year tenure, a critical period in which MÜDEK operations grew in scale and intensify in terms of relationships with international umbrella organizations in accreditation. We also wish success to Z. Serhan Başer in his new position.
Job Reorganization in MÜDEK Office (Posted
The following job reorganization becomes effective in the
MÜDEK Office as of July 01, 2020:
We wish success to
Şahika Tezcan and Buse Yılmaz in their new positions.
- Şahika Tezcan who has been currently serving as
Administrative and Financial Manager is appointed as Vice Secretary
- Buse Yılmaz who has been currently serving as Office Manager
is appointed as Administrative and Financial Manager.
Bülent Özgüler and Yavuz Erçil Attended IEA - Washington Accord Meeting (Posted on
Bülent Özgüler, Former Chair of MÜDEK MAK and Yavuz Erçil, MÜDEK Secretary General attended as MÜDEK representatives to the Meeting of Washington Accord of the
IEA (International Engineering Alliance) on June 22, 2020, which was originally planned to take place in Cape Town, South Africa during June 21-26, 2020 but changed to an online meeting due to COVID-10 outbreak.
COVID-19 - MÜDEK Office Reopens (Posted on
MÜDEK Office, which has been closed for a while due to measures taken against the COVID-19 pandemic, will reopen with half capacity on June 08, 2020, Monday as a part of the normalization process.
Hoping that our stakeholders will accept any inconveniencies that might occur with understanding during this extraordinary era that we all have been living in.
Filiz Dilek Attended the Accreditation Institutions Information and Evaluation Video Conference Meeting (Posted on 21.04.2020)
Filiz Dilek, MÜDEK-MAK Chair, representing MÜDEK, attended the Information and Evaluation video conference meeting organized by YÖKAK (Higher Education Quality Board) on April 9, 2020, with the participation of 15 accreditation organizations and YÖKAK members.
In the meeting,
- Strengths and aspects that are open to improvement that emerged within the scope of the monitoring processes of accreditation organizations were presented to the organizations,
- Information was given about the entry and updating of accredited program data via the Accreditation Institutions System (AKSİS) and
- Opinions and suggestions of the accreditation organizations within the scope of the following topics were taken:
- Accreditation activities during Covid-19 pandemic period
- Remote evaluation approaches
- Quality assurance practices in distance education
New Type Coronavirus - MÜDEK Decisions (Posted on 30.03.2020)
In the meeting held on 25 March 2020, MÜDEK Board of Directors decided to take the following measures in line with the efforts initiated nationwide due to the new Corona virus Covid-19.
Decisions taken by the circular requesting the postponement of all association activities published by the Ministry of Interior and the statements of the Higher Education Council explaining that there will be distance learning without students in all higher education institutions until the end of the spring semester of 2019-2020 are listed below:
- 2019-2020 Evaluation Period Program:
- As of March 18, 2020, the evaluation visits that were to be made in March, April and May according to the previously determined schedule were postponed to be held in the 2020-2021 evaluation period and the relevant program accreditation decisions will be made in 2021.
- As of 18 March 2020, if institution approval is available, evaluations can be made remotely in a virtual environment or with a report.
- In this period, the accreditation of the programs whose accreditation evaluation could not be made and whose accreditations will end on September 30, 2020 will be extended for one year until September 30, 2021.
- The accreditation of the programs, which have made an evaluation application for the first time for which an accreditation evaluation cannot be made in this period, will be started in 2021 instead of 2020, provided that the program is accredited as a result of the evaluation.
- The process regarding the evaluations made prior to 18 March 2020 will continue as planned and published.
- 2020-2021 Evaluation Period Program:
- Self-Evaluation Reports and Interim Reports of the programs whose evaluation applications are accepted were decided to be received in July 2021 instead of July 2020, so the entire process regarding the evaluation of these programs was postponed to the period of 2021-2022.
- In this period, the accreditation period of the programs for which the accreditation evaluation could not be made and whose accreditation will end on September 30, 2021 will be extended for one year until September 30, 2022.
- Accreditation of the programs, which made an evaluation application for the first time, in which accreditation evaluation cannot be made in this period, can be started in 2022 instead of 2021, provided that accreditation is given after the evaluation.
- 2021-2022 Evaluation Period Program:
No first time evaluation applications will be taken in this period due to postponement of the accreditation evaluation of the programs that applied for reevaluation in the previous period.
Circular of the Ministry of Interior - MÜDEK Decisions (Posted on 30.03.2020)
MÜDEK Board of Directors took the following decisions in its meeting held on 25 March 2020 upon the circular by the Ministry of Interior requesting that the activities of the associations to be postponed:
- The General Assembly of the Association, which was announced to be held in April, is postponed to be held at a later date.
- Training workshops planned to be held in May and June have been canceled.
COVID-19 - MÜDEK Office is
Temporarily Closed (Posted on 18.03.2020)
As part of the measures taken in our country against the COVID-19 pandemic, it is decided to keep the MÜDEK office closed until a second announcement.
In this context, we want to announce the followings.
- Those stakeholders of us desired to contact our office should make this contact via the e-mail addresses
http://www.mudek.org.tr/en/vs/ilet.shtm page instead of
- Since all mail and cargo sent to our office cannot be received within this period,
scanned and copied versions of signed document(s) can be sent electronically
provided that their originals will be sent later, and
- Non-urgent articles and documents can be forwarded to the office by fax.
We wish you healthy days, hoping that all our stakeholders will accept this
inconvenient situation with understanding.
MÜDEK Workshop for Student Evaluator Candidates (Posted on 20.02.2020)
The MÜDEK workshop for training candidates of MÜDEK student program evaluator is held at MÜDEK Headquarters in İstanbul on February 08, 2020 (Saturday). Eight invited students are participated in the workshop as student program evaluator candidates in different engineering disciplines from various universities.
Click here for the workshop page in Turkish. >>>>>
MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria for BS Programs Updated (posted on 11.02.2020)
The document MÜDEK Evaluation Criteria for BS Programs to be used in the accreditation evaluation of undergraduate engineering programs are updated as Version 2.2 in the meeting of MÜDEK Executive Board held on January 25, 2020.
Click here to reach the updated document (in Turkish) >>>>>
The changes made in the updated version are limited to the clarification of some concepts and editorial improvements. Hence, the updated Version 2.2 will go in effect starting from the 2020-2021 Review Cycle and will be used in General Reviews regardless of whether they are initial or re-evaluation. In the Interim Reviews and Show Cause evaluations, the version used in their previous General Reviews will be used.
MÜDEK General Assembly (posted on 10.02.2020)
MÜDEK 2020 General Assembly will meet at MÜDEK Headquarters located at Esentepe Mahallesi Zincirlidere Cad. No. 86 Meriçoğlu Plaza D.4, İstanbul with the following agenda at 14:00 hours on April 10, 2020, Friday. If no quorum is reached, then it will meet with the same agenda at the Seminar Hall of TTGV İstanbul Branch, ARI Teknokent, ARI 2 Binası A Blok Floor 7, İTÜ Ayazağa Campus at 14:00 hours on April
18, 2020, Saturday.
- Opening and moment of silence
- Election of Chairing Board
- Discussion and acceptance of the agenda and its amendments
- Presentation, discussion, and acceptance of Executive Board activity
report for the past term, financial balance and income-expense tables for
- Presentation, discussion, and acceptance of Auditing Board report
- Acquittal of Executive Board
- Discussion and acceptance of budget proposal for 2020
- Decision on membership fees for 2021
- Presentation of budget proposals for 2021 and 2022
- Discussion and acceptance of proposed amendments on the Operational Regulations
HEQC Vice Chair Sibel Aksu Yıldırım Visited MÜDEK (posted on 20.01.2020)
Vice Chair Sibel Aksu Yıldırım of HEQC (Higher Education Quality Council of Turkey) conducted a site visit to MÜDEK on Thursday, January 16, 2020, as the person in charge of the administration of overseeing process for MÜDEK in connection with the Overseeing External Evaluation and Accreditation Agencies of HEQC. During the visit, MÜDEK-MAK Vice Chair Şebnem Baydere delivered a presentation about MÜDEK activities. The visit lasted entire day with some mutual opinion exchanges between the visitor and MÜDEK team, which also included the Chair Timur Doğu, Vice Chair Müjgan Sağır and the member Engin Arıkan of MÜDEK Executive Board.
July 02, 2020
© MÜDEK 2007-2020 - All rights reserved
Zincirlidere Caddesi No. 86, Mericoglu Plaza Kat:1 Daire:4, Esentepe, Sisli, 34394 Istanbul, Turkey, +90-212-211-0281, email@example.com